Monday 20 February 2012

From Past to Present

2012 Kicks off, without knowing that i was going to start a blog. So just a little recap on the fishing I've done before this current date.
The year kicked off with a Pike fishing session on Exeter canal. With simple ledgered mackerel. Between myself and my friend Paul we took 5 pike. Below are some pikey looking pictures.

 My 8lb Pike

11lb 13oz Pike



 One of Pauls Pike



My next time out on the banks was again on the canal trying for a carp. 48 hours and 2 moves but no carp caught.

Bivvied up down the bottom end


The fix to catch a carp is high on the cards so a trip upto Squabmoor for 40ish hours yup another blank and no fish seen. The weather has been massivly against my fishing recently with freezing temperatures, followed by sunny days with high pressure.

Brew on on a -4 morning

My most recent and last session I went down to a club water which i fished for a night trying to get rid of the addiction to bag a carp. Got to the lake and it looked good for a bite, but i knew the night was going to be a cold one. So i set up in a favoured swim, got the rods out and throughout the night i didnt get so much as 1 beep. Woke up first thing in the morning to a heavy frost and a almost frozen lake, the next 2 hours were spent smashing the ice every 5minutes to prevent my lines from being froze amongst the ice. Needless to say i blanked.. again.


No comments:

Post a Comment