Thursday 10 May 2012

when everything went right

So this year my carp targets are 30lb+ Mirror, 30lb+ Common and a carp caught from moving water.
I went to a soth west resivour in search of the first two targets. either or would do me fine.

I set up on the teeth of a brand new wind hoping fish would move onto the wind. got the rods out and within the first hour i was into my first fish a upper 20 fish put up a good fight but the hook pulled close to the net. Being pretty pissed off and thinking my only chance to catch could have gone i got the rod back out and within a hour of it being out again the bobbin pulled up tight, 15minutes later i pulled a decent common over the net. On the scales she went 31lb 0oz. a right result! Buzzing that id just got a new pb and got one of my goals, me misses took some photos for me.

The rest of the evening was quiet, around 11pm had a bream off the same rod, and at 12pm it went ripping off again this time a 21lb mirror in the net,


At 3am I had another fish of 19lb then nothing else through the rest of the morning. At about 3pm the next day i was being pestered my a morhen, the bobbin pulled tight to my alarm and the bird came to the surface, took me a second to realise that it was no bird that had picked up my hookbait, was into a decent fish which put up a very good fight while swimming for the marginal cover constantly. After 15mins or so I had a big mirror in the net. After lifting the net buzzing it looked another 30! Got her up on the scales and geeza few swims down took some snaps. She went 31lb 8oz on the scales! Things literally couldnt get any better!!


After that i was literally as happy as i could get, didnt even feel the need to carry on fishing so packed up around 9pm and went back to me misses.
All in all the best carp session so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment